How do you make really good BBQ sauce?
If you plan on grillin’ yourself, though, let’s at least make sure you have a BBQ sauce that will make your feast unforgettable. Ever wondered why our Red Rage tomato-based sauce is so good?
Here it is:
Roadhouse Red Rage BBQ Sauce
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup Muscavado brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Pilsner beer
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground coffee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Urfa pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground dried chipotle chili peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pequin chili flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
Combine all of the ingredients in a heavy-bottom stock pot and mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Allow the sauce to gently simmer for 30 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.